The Barkley Regional Airport Authority is recruiting to fill two (2) positions for Public Safety & Airfield Officer positions.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the direction of the Aircraft Rescue & Fire Chief, the Public Safety & Airfield Officer will perform a variety of duties including aircraft rescue firefighting functions and airfield operational compliance. The position will perform activities related to firefighting, emergency response, emergency medical response, mutual aid, airfield inspections, documentation, general equipment up-keep and regular training and exercises relative to the position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Drives and operates a various fire apparatus and equipment while on shift on and about the property;
- Provide emergency medical response and treatment in accordance with Emergency Medical Technician guidelines;
- Responds to aircraft, facilities and property emergencies on airport property;
- Operates a two-way radio to communicate with the air traffic and other radio monitoring entities about the airfield;
- Participates in and maintains trainings and required by the organization and the Federal Aviation Administration FAR Part 139 relative to firefighting, airport driver, and the airport self inspection program;
- Remains on standby during and after scheduled commercial aircraft operations;
- Assists in training airport employees in firefighting techniques and airfield inspection procedures;
- Performs routine maintenance, cleans, paints, and makes repairs to the station and equipment within the capabilities and responsibilities of the employee;
- Conducts regular, periodic and quarterly inspections as required by the Airport Certification Manual and Airport Emergency Plan;
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
A high school diploma or GED are required for the position. A preference will be given to candidates with prior firefighting and/or airfield experience and/or a degree in aviation. Prior knowledge or familiarization in airfield environments, firefighting, piloting an aircraft and/or radio communication is also preferred.
The full job description can be viewed in the images below.